Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Well all kinds of stuff, first it started with the locks…

Customer Question
Well all kinds of...

Well all kinds of stuff, first it started with the locks Unlocking and locking consistently and the radio coming on and off, my headlights on and off, my turn signals quit working and then it wouldn't come out of park.. long story short I took it to the shop and they have told my the fuse box was fried where the body control module was and to take it to ford ... I know they are going to charge me an arm and a leg and I'm going to try to do it myself but kinda need some guidance ... should I replace the interior fuse box first or the bcm first

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the bulbs?

Yes all my fuses worked I used a test light and the bulbs are good except I also forgot to mention the brake lights don't work so I changed the the switch by the brake pedal thinking it was stuck and it didn't do anything I changed one relay for the brake lights under the hood and it did nothing as well

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2007 Ford Expedition EL XLT 5.4 V8

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Expedition EL yourself? What have you tried so far?

I've tested fuses, changed the relay for brake lights under hood, and I bought the brake pedal switch and changed it as well

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yeah I took it to mechanic and he said the fuse box was fried where the body control module hooked up and I would have to take it to ford but what I don't get is if it's the fuse box and not the body control module itself why would ford have to program anything couldn't I just swap the fuse box

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
2/2/2017
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 1 year ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner till early morning, central time.

.

The fuse box (CJB), body control module (BCM) are all one part called the smart junction box (SJB). Assuming the diagnostics are correct. This is not a plug and play part. Programming via a IDS scan tool is needed or the vehicle will not start once replaced. In the event you would like help diagnosing these issues to see if in fact this is the correct repair, let me know.

.

Please let me know when you are pleased with my help by rating my response 5 stars or reply and say you are pleased with my help. When you rate my response that prevents your question from timing out and closing.

Chris

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I would like help diagnosing the problem and making sure that's it before I take it to ford please
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
If I had access to an IDS Scan Tool is it something I could change and program myself?

Key on, at the brake switch are the violet/brown and white/red wires powered?

Key on brake NOT PRESSED at the plugged up brake switch is the violet/orange wire powered?

Key on brake PRESSED at the plugged up brake switch is the yellow/gray wire powered?

Yes you could do the programming if you have the very expensive IDS tool linked to Ford.

Hello again Chris here,

1. I assume you're not pleased due to no more replies or rating submitted.
  2. What would you like to do regarding your question now?
  3. Do you still need help? Please reply, I want you to get equal to or more than what you paid for.
  4. This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. That can prevent me from being able to post answers to your replies.

Thanks Chris

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I ended up just taking it to Ford got tired of messing with it

Sorry you were not pleased with my help and paid money to the website for a service you did not use.

Was my answer correct, assuming the dealer is done with the vehicle?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
They aren't done I dropped it off Saturday and they are still working on it ... So far I'm up to about $500.00

Please keep in touch. I would like to know if the little bit of diagnostics we did was right so I can then no if you would of been pleased with my help had you decided to continue.

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician