Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

Arc fault yes what is it mean, 2003 expedition 4.6L, It also

Customer Question
Arc fault yes what is...
Arc fault yes what is it mean
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2003 expedition 4.6L
JA: Are you fixing your Expedition yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It also shuts off when i start it up i just replaced all plugs i got a new fuel pump new filter dont know to do next
JA: Have you ever replaced the fuel pump, or is this the original?
Customer: I replaced it
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: It qont go over 40mph when driving
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Ford
1/30/2017
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 9 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner till early morning, central time.

.

If you apply throttle can you prevent it from stalling?

While running are there warning lights on?

No lights but when i step on the gas it stalls

Will it idle fine?

At first it didnt than i went a got a new idel control valve it works but the car still kida stalls while driving ..it accelerates to about 45mph than stalls

When a vehicle stalls the engine shuts off and you have to restart it with the key.

Earlier you said it stalls when you press the gas.

Now you say you can press the gas and get to 45 then it stalls but kind of stalls while driving.

Kind of stalls meaning the engine wants to die but does not?

Are you applying throttle at 45 mph when is dies or coasting?

Ok so before i got the new idel valve today the truck dies when i started it up since i got the new valve it idels fine so i took it for a test dive while driving it rolls smooth up until i get to 45mph than it stalls out. While coasting the car jerks than it accelerates past 45 an goes up like its fine...than as i slow down for stop signs or to make turns i step the gas an the stall process that i wrote earlier happens again

Does this seem like it is engine or transmission related?

Im not sure but the last thing i did was hook up my uncles computer a got a code saying acr fault yes

Do you recall the code number.

It had 2196 under. The words saying acr fault yes

2196 means bank one sensor 1 is stuck reading rich.

That means the upstream passenger side O2 sensor is detecting you are running rich. So we need to check all those spark plugs to see if any are black. If so then swap that fuel injector and plug and see if it now runs better.

.

Please let me know when you are pleased with my help by rating my response 5 stars or reply and say you are pleased with my help. When you rate my response that prevents your question from timing out and closing.

Chris

What does acr fault yes means

I have never seen that before on a Ford scan tool, so I do not know.

Ok thank you

Your welcome

Hello again Chris here,

1. I assume you're not pleased due to no more replies or rating submitted.
  2. What would you like to do regarding your question now?
  3. Do you still need help? Please reply, I want you to get equal to or more than what you paid for.
  4. This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. That can prevent me from being able to post answers to your replies.

Thanks Chris

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician