Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Camshaft sensor I know tdc but does it need to be 26 degrees

camshaft sensor I know tdc but does it need to be 26 degrees or something like some one said and do I need a voltage meter
JA: Which particular sensor are you asking about? And have any trouble codes been triggered?
Customer: ford f150 4.2 2002
JA: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have just took it out now im replacing new one I need to know how to put it back in witch way to pint it and every thing
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Are you replacing the Camshaft sensor or both it and the camshaft synchronizer?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
well he said it was a 5 dollar theycharged me 28
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I am replacing the whole thing I think im tdc I cant see stick move any more up or down

I have no control over what you agree to pay, the deposit is $5 . If you need this addressed I will send is a customer support ticket for you.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
yah that's what it was a deposit it never showed that im just wondering if that's added
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
any ways I need to know how to install it correctly theres nomarks on crank for any thing tdc

Okay, Are you replacing the Camshaft sensor or both it and the camshaft synchronizer?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
both
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have the special tool it came with

Okay if you have the tool then you should be fine. See the synchronizer replacement steps in the first link and the sensor in the second link. Have a look and let me know if you have more questions and or need more help and we can work from there.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/synchronizer%20Jan%2010.pdf

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Sensor%20Jan%2010.pdf

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
ok I pulled the old one out and put the new one in in the same postion as close as I could and then turned it to tdc was going to pull it back out and reinstall it
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
because the special tool it it was 180 out

If the tool is not aligning them your off with synchronizer, pop it up and realign it and once it in correctly the alignment tool should line right up.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I turned it from that postion it was in are you saying as long as the tool is on it I can drop it in even if im not tdc
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
when I pulled it out I put new one back in as close as I could to where it came out so if I turn it back to that position the tool will fit on but its not tdc there

The engine needs to be at TDC and once the Synchronizer is aligned wit the tool you should be in right. If you have installed the new on in the same position as the old one that usually works as well. I have done it that way with out having the alignment tool.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
if I did it right where it looked there would be a big diferenceif I was on space off it wouldn't look the same at all

If you installed is just as it came out then it should look the same . If you have any doubt or the engine has been rotated then you should start from steps one.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
ok that would be tdc special tool drop in good to go

Yes that is correct.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
thanks

Your very welcome and thank you as well. Please take a moment to rate my service so I can get credit for my time, the question remains open for follow up even after doing so, all you need to do is return to this question if need be.

Thank you again.