Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2012 ford expedition. Check air suspension warning is on…

Customer Question
2012 ford expedition. Check...

2012 ford expedition. Check air suspension warning is on intermittently. Truck is down in the rear. System check may say air suspension is okay, or to check it. it is not consistent.

Mechanic's Assistant: How has the ride been lately? Have you noticed any fluid under the car?

No fluid, just the rear is down. Any ide where the air compressor is located?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Expedition yourself? What have you tried so far?

All fuses (10, 19, and 48 listed are good. I jumped relay #10 with no result. I don't have a schematic for the 2012 Expedition. I'm am electrical engineer so I don't have problems with electro-mechanical issues. However, I don't have anything to work from. Today we're due for 7 inches of snow so I wanted to be able to move it. If I can't diagnosis it today it will be at the Ford dealer on Tuesday. Tuesday is the earliest appointment at my four local Ford dealers.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
1/7/2017
Ford Mechanic: David Craig, Auto Mechanic replied 1 year ago
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi Im David, thanks for visiting the site. let me get you the location and schematics that you need

heres some good information

e7e8b270-80b9-4a59-b9b8-...PNGe7e8b27...PNGfe27e948-28ae-4e71-9492-...PNGfe27e94...PNGaf60cd76-3289-4c18-905f-...PNGaf60cd7...PNG6a074578-4f7a-46bb-b2a9-...PNG6a07457...PNG

is there anything else i can help you with?

just checking in to see how its going

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Rear is fully down. System check states "Air Suspension System Okay." Is #10 in the "Power Distribution Box" the correct relay for the RAS compressor, or is there another relay, either solid state or analog/mechanical? Is there if #10 is the only relay I've already shunted/jumped that out with no result. So, is the compressor shot or is there another control somewhere that I'm missing?I am assuming that the #10 relay closes and applies power directly to the compressor and the rest of the control circuit, including the position sensors are simply controlling the #10 relay coil. Am I correct? If correct, I've already shunted the #10 relay and therefore the problem is either the compressor, the positive feed to the compressor, or the return/negative.I need a schematic to see the whole control circuit for the RAS.

ok, let me work on that