HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans
Experience:  25 years Auto experience, Ford ,GM, Chrysler, Asian & European
285738

My Ford Focus (2011 Titanium Auto 2.0L) had a warning

Customer Question

Hi
JA: Hello. What is your issue regarding?
Customer: My Ford Focus (2011 Titanium Auto 2.0L) had a warning message appear, No Hill Start Assist) and the car was put into neutral I had to stop and restart the car to move it again this happened quite a few times
JA: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?
Customer: Yes All that is fine
JA: Are you fixing your Focus yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It just happened, I would never try and fix it myself. All I could do was stop and restart the car. Luckily each time I wasn't in heavy traffic
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I also said something about Park Assist now working I wasn't trying to park
Category: Ford
Expert:  Mastertechuk replied 9 months ago.

Hi im kevin you will need to have car plugged into a diagnostic machine to locate the cause .could be something as simple as a brake light switch but this is the only way to find out

Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** and thanks for your question.

This concern usually will not set any codes. I know on the usa domestic focus with this concern its always the TCM failing.

If you are satisfied with your answer, please take a moment to rate my service as you see fit. Experts are not compensated without a positive rating. Providing a rating does not close the question, you can reply or ask additional questions without incurring further charges.

Expert:  HDGENE replied 9 months ago.

Hello, I believe you have had an expert or two chime in but opt out? Do you need more help with this concern?