HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans
Experience:  25 years Auto experience, Ford ,GM, Chrysler, Asian & European
285738

I have a 2006 Ford E150 with a 4.6l. Has no codes fuel

I have a 2006 Ford E150 with a 4.6l. Has no codes fuel pressure 34lbs. It has a skip or jerk when driving except on acceleration. No RPM change no drop in oil pressure. I had plugs and wires changed same thing. Any ideas?

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you

is the 34 lbs at idle or key on engine off reading ?

when hooked on the fuel test gauge and rev it up does fuel pressure go up or down or stay the same ?

have you done a compression test

what is the mileage ?

fuel filter

that pump is weak or border line at 34 lbs at key on eng off, should be 35 to 45 lbs, we like to see at least 40 lbs for a healthy fuel pump

006 Ford Truck E 150 V8-4.6L VIN W

Save Article

Item...............................................................Specification Fuel Pressure Key on, engine off......................................240-310 kPa (35-45 psi ) Engine running...........................................193-310 kPa (28-45 psi)

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
running 34lb. new fuel filter, compression all with in 10 lb of each other mileage 132,745

when you snap the throttle fuel pressure stays on 34 ?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
with in 1 to 2 lbs

can you get me fuel trims ,long term & short term at idle

and fuel status is it open or closed loop when they are supposed to open when cold and closed when hot ?

are the oxygen sensor fluctuating upstream ones on scanner from 0 to 1 volt ?

TPS throttle position sensor reading ?

did you cleaned the tb plate ?

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Long term B1 9 to 11.2
Short term B1 -11 to -15.5
Long term B2 7.6 to 11.1
Short term B2 -9.1 to -16.5fuel loop closed but bounced once to open then straight back to closedO2 are fluctuating up and down and when I did O2 check all 4 passed.TPS 14.9% to 15.7%and yes cleaned throttle body
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
tps volts .7 to 1.1 volts

so one bank running rich one bank running lean

I m not happy about that 34 lbs pump ,is it original one or been replaced in past ?

can you do a back pressure test on the exhaust ?

what is tps at wot ?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
do not know back pressure test, fuel pump 1 yr old.
engine off key on TPS at 4.8 volts

I changed a fuel pump on 4.6 liter last week i was reading 43 lbs

what is mileage ?

have you check pcm pins ?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
mileage 132,745
no I did not check pins as everything is working

sprayed starting fluid around intake no vacuum leaks

change fuel pump and retest see if pressure goes up .

still don't explain 2 different banks on fuel trims and lean one rich and catalytic converter stuck at 850

you are missing something

Please let me know if you need anything else on it, just reply back and we will continue

If you are good, Please Kindly Rate Me.

A 5 Star Rating is much Appreciated

If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert ,that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue

Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.

you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue

(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)

Thank You
Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ok took it to the store, had too, on the way up to store i accidentally pushed the overdrive button to the off position. The skipping stopped. I went to town and drove around town and It did not skip. I pushed the overdrive button and it started again. no codes still. Any ideas?

what we need is ford scanner that can read TCM module fault codes can yours do that

when you hook up scanner does it list TCM module

that tells me we have Overdrive & torque converter or torque converter circuit issue

going up hill is the skip worse

has trans fluid been serviced , is od button flashing ?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
no codes, no difference up hill or down, service already done less than 300 miles ago. will not skip if accelerating only at cruising speed.

Sorry not sue on this one man

I can opt out of your question & open it for other expert to help you on it ,

let me know

Chad

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
ok you can opt out

ok, good luck with it

Chad

Hello, you said you replaced the ignition wires, you mean you replaced all 8 individual ignition coils? what kind of spark plugs are you using? It will buck or surge around 45 plus miles per hour? Does it feel like you are driving over a washboard road?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
coils, boots, and plugs were motorcraft iridium

Ok and you replaced all 8 coils, when does the misfire or hesistation occur, only at highway speeds? What is the condition of the transmission fluid, is it brown or black and smel burnt? Does this skip happen under a heavy load? If you put the van in reverse and hold down the brake and accelerate(powerbrake) does the engine buck or hesistate?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
ok it has hesitation at idle like small miss. I replaced coils and plugs. Same. I checked for gasket leaks, none found. The fluid and filter were less than 1000 miles and trans mission has 46,000 on it. Mainly jerks at cruising speeds starting at 35 to 65 , no hesitation on acceleration.

Ok so it has an issue at an idle and between 35-65 mph. Was there any evidence of coolant leaking into the spark plug tubes? Will the misfire become worse if you powerbrake the engine in reverse and sitting still with your foot on the brake and stomping on the accelerator? You said compression was good on all cylinder, no more than a 10 percent difference between clylinders? This vehicle hasnt sat for a period of time has it and has old fuel? No codes stored and passes a key on engine off and key on engine running test?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
checking coolant for leaks now. no it has not set up

What has not set up? Do you have a scan tool to check for codes and run on demand tests?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
You asked if the van had set up for a while, it has not. Before last week it was a daily driver.No codes either Key on or running
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Changed the plugs again and coils, no coolant leak and still same problem especially when power breaking at 1500 thru 2800 RPM

Ok if it will miss when powerbraking, then there is a chance one of the new spark plugs is damaged, cracked or the gap is closed over too small or a coil is defective. Without the use of a dealer style scan tool to see what cylinder is misfiring, or if you have a scan tool that shows mode 6 data it might show what cylinder has a misfire, then you will have to remove all the plugs and check for damage to the porcelin or mis gapped plug. If they look ok, either a plug is just defective or a coil is weak and breaking down, causing the misfire.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
ok I changed them again, and same thing. When I power brake, the miss comes and goes. I can see and feel it come and go.

Then if the spark plugs are ok, you have a defective coil and there isnt any easy way to know which cylinder it is without the use of a high end scan tool such as the one the dealer uses to monitor live power balance of each cylinder to see what cylinder drops off when it misfires.

Do you need more help with this concern?

HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans
Experience: 25 years Auto experience, Ford ,GM, Chrysler, Asian & European

Thank you!