Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

I have a 2014 Ford Focus with the 2 clutch auto

Customer Question

I have a 2014 Ford Focus with the 2 clutch auto transmission. Like other owm
JA: Has the clutch been slipping? Are you having any trouble shifting?
Customer: no, but when the car is warm or hot, the transmission shutters a lot in 1st gear
JA: Are you fixing your Focus yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have done nothing so far. I would like to know before I give the car to my daughter who is attending college if it is a safe vehicle. Some owners online have expressed concern over safety issues with the car.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Why does a 6 gear trans like this one have only low and drive on the shifter instead of having 6 gears to shift?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 9 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner till early morning.

Is this your primary question )Why does a 6 gear trans like this one have only low and drive on the shifter instead of having 6 gears to shift?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I really want to know if a car like this is safe to operate, as i was planning on giving the car to my teenage daughter. It has only an awkward shimmy or shake in 1st gear, and only when it had been running up to and at warm ir hit temps.

Even though I do not like this transaxle coming from a Ford trans tech. I do feel like the car is safe and you should not worry about your daughters safety as she uses the vehicle.

Please read this:

1. Understand it's not one answer and done. We can communicate back and forth many times.
  2. I do not work at or for Just Answer. You and I can only communicate on this page.
  3. When you're pleased or happy with my answer or efforts to help you. At the top of the screen please rate me or reply and say ( I'm pleased.)
  4. When I help you I am only paid from your question value deposit when you rate me on this screen. Rating does not close the post and you're more than welcome to follow up.

Thanks for using Just Answer, Chris

Hello again Chris here,

1. I have to assume you were not pleased with my help, because you have not replied or rated the post.
  2. What would you like to do regarding your question now?
  3. Do you still need help? Please reply I want you to get equal to or more than what you paid for.
  4. This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. That can prevent me from being able to post answers to your replies.

Thanks Chris