Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

My husband has a 2005 f350 6.0 and the tow haul light is

Customer Question

Hi.my husband has a 2005 f350 6.0 and the tow haul light is blinking, can you give is an idea what this could be we recently install new cables to tow a boat can this installation be giving wrong reading info to a sensor or somehting
JA: Just to clarify, can you tell me which light it is? And does it blink first, then stay on steady?
Customer: tow light let me asking him
JA: Are you fixing your F350 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no we are just wondering what is wrong we have not touched anything
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no that is the only concern
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 7 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner till early morning.

The flashing light is the PCM telling you there is a concern with the transmission and codes are stored which a scan tool can retrieve. This is not related to the wire harness for the trailer.

If you know the codes stored or have any symptoms I can help more as to what is wrong and how to address it. One thing to look at is the trans oil temp reading, that is a common failure part in the 5R110.

Please read this:

1. Understand it's not one answer and done. We can communicate back and forth many times.
  2. I do not work at or for Just Answer. You and I can only communicate on this page.
  3. When you're pleased or happy with my answer or efforts to help you. At the top of the screen please rate me or reply and say ( I'm pleased.)
  4. When I help you I am only paid from your question value deposit when you rate me on this screen. Rating does not close the post and you're more than welcome to follow up.

Thanks for using Just Answer, Chris