Jon Pell
Jon Pell, Ford Technician
Experience:  Many years in the field, ASE certified Ford Technician
14645008

This (cold) morning, 2007 ford escape hybrid wouldn't start.

Customer Question

This (cold) morning, 2007 ford escape hybrid wouldn't start. Message "Service Brake System. Stop Safely Now". Eventually started, no symptoms while driving
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: Didn't seem to be, but I didn't disconnect and clean. Will try.
JA: Are you fixing your Escape Hybrid yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing yet, don't plan to fix myself unless very minor
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jon Pell replied 6 months ago.

Thank you for choosing JustAnswer! My name is***** have been a Ford tech for over 10 years. I will do my best to help you get this resolved as soon as possible and walk you through step by step.

Expert:  Jon Pell replied 6 months ago.

There could be a few things that could cause this from a loose ground connection from the brake module to wiring/part failure. Have you experienced any other issues recently or had a recent repair done? The first thing we need to do is check to see what codes are stored in the computer. If you go to any parts store they can scan the vehicle and give you a printout of the codes stored in the vehicle or you can also purchase a code reader a decent one can be around $40-100 they are very handy to have but once you get the codes that are stored in the vehicle please reply with the code number as well as the vin number so I can pull the most accurate information in my system and we will go from there.

Thanks,

Jon