Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Replaced iac valve obd2 po1506 andpo174 still coming up

Customer Question

Replaced iac valve obd2 po1506 andpo174 still coming up tried to clear memory neg cable disconect to pos cable connected 10 min relearn drive check engin back on what now
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 9 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Expert:  Ron replied 9 months ago.

What are you working on please, year, make , model and engine size please?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
99 ford f150 v6
Expert:  Ron replied 9 months ago.

Both of these code can be set due to a lean condition caused by a engine vacuum leak? Have you inspected the intake area including the PCV supply line for any signs of a vacuum leak?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ipassed all smog tests except for obd2 wich i assume is check engine light is on now if there was a real problem the tests would of failed and the iac over clocked along with a lean diagnoses would kinda cancel each other out wouldnt they now is there a way to change the programing for the iac valve so its not over clocked other than the relearn process and if so what is it or maybe the complete memory didnt clear perhaps i did the erase wrong is that the case?
Expert:  Ron replied 9 months ago.

You can erase all codes by disconnecting both battery cables and touching them togather for a few seconds. I these codes reset then you still have a problem. Try to clear these codes with the battery disconnect steps and let me know the results and we can work from there if need be.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I replaced the. Pcv and most vaccume lines maybe the intake manifold its self but i dont see a leak i dont have a smoke machine i sprayed brake cleaner and listened for a bog down but with the fan going its pretty unpercise and its raining and im outside i went throigh the mostions but deffinitive answers i dont have. If u have any sure fire weather proof solution ill gladly do my best ibdont to loose my truck n its in
Expert:  Ron replied 9 months ago.

Before you do anything else, clear the codes and lets see what resets. Post back with the results and we can work from there.