Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Below 0F temps and it won't turn over, starter doesn't even

Customer Question

Below 0F temps and it won't turn over , starter doesn't even act like it's getting juice. Lights gauges , everything else has full power. Battery was on a tender even though it was full but because of the cold I wanted as much help as possible. Works fine @ 5-10F and up .
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: Headlights, tail, instrument. Heater fan blows full ect..
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2004 FX4 , new style
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Different battery , cleaned all connectors , just stated this a couple weeks ago, but was fine once it warmed a little , now cold spell and it's dead.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: It sits outside mostly , I ride motorcycle 98% so a lot of sitting on gravel (moisture)
Category: Ford
Expert:  david carrier replied 6 months ago.

hi this is dave and I'm here to help with your question. How many miles are on this

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
84,000 it was made in the first month production of the new style in '03
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
the only way to get an answer is to pay more ???????????????????? What a crock of shit

I'm not asking you to pay more

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
All I was getting on this end was for $26 to talk call , nothing else was coming up and no other options.

ok I don't want you to be upset at all. I strive to get you a good and honest answer. When you rate me is te only way I get any credit for my work i don't even no what you get charged to be honest. would still like to help though if you want to move forward