Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician
Experience:  ASE, NATEF Engines and Electrical certified, EPA 608/609
9290743

Remote starter on my 08 f150 lariat worked fine all day..

Customer Question

Remote starter on my 08 f150 lariat worked fine all day.. Went into a store and when i got out i pushed the remote start and my truck didn't start. Whatever drove home and tried it again it wouldn't start. It give me 2 chrips and thats it.
2 chirps mean brake pressed or hood open. But my hood is closed and i dont push the brake pedal...
I dont have a hood switch(haven't seen it) and its a factory ford remote starter
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Tried 2nd remote same happened.
Tried reseting the remote didn't make a difference, no cel on, disconected battery for 20 min, had key next to ignition and pushed remote start didnt work.
Expert:  Jeremy replied 7 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

Don't disconnect the battery. It is a wives tale. It does nothing on newer vehicles except wipe out your settings to where you will have to take to Ford and have programmed.

On the 2 chirps, or horn honks, open and close all your doors. Open and close the hood (there is a hood sensor mounted next to the hood latch). Lock the doors and try again. If it doesn;t work, start the vehicle with the key, run for 5 minutes, turn the vehicle off and wait an hour before attempting to start again. See if it will start. This rules out the safety feature in the vehicle of multiple starts with the remote. There is a feature to disable the remote start if started more than 2 times in 1 hour. It disables the remote start for at least 1 hour.

If you still have the issue, then have Ford take a look at and test the hood sensor. It acts up a lot on these trucks and will cause the failed remote starts. The sensor work on proximity and may have gone bad to where it isn't getting the radar bounce back from the hood being closed. They will replace the sensor if it is bad.

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy