Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Switching out the engine of our Ford Explorer Sport Trac 4L

Customer Question

switching out the engine of our Ford Explorer Sport Trac 4L V6 4x4 . Looking for a complete wiring diagram
JA: Have you checked the vehicle's manual?
Customer: nothing there
JA: What year is your Explorer Sport?
Customer: oh, sorry - 2004
JA: Are you fixing your Explorer Sport yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Husband is fixing for a friend. Awaiting a replacement engine
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, just need the diagram for the purpose of reconnecting the wire harness after the switch
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jaybird61 replied 8 months ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** would be glad to help you with some wire diagrams. They do not come in a book of 100 diagrams. You will need to narrow down to what harness you need a diagram of? Like the engine, wipers, transmission, lights, charging system, starting system. You will need to be more specific so I can help you.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
sorry Jay, getting a bit confused - have been getting a bit of a run-around. Sent my inquiry to 'Moose' be transported to you then to a Chris. I think at this point I, since I did not get an answer to my question I will just cancel my request at this time MY CREDIT CARD WILL NOT BE CHARGED! and perhaps call you at a later date when we actually get the motor in our possession.

No problem. I can supply diagrams you need but just need to know the areas you need.