Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

High RPM's but speed not getting faster. Mainly in hills.

Customer Question
Takes a long time to...
High RPM's but speed not getting faster. Mainly in hills. Takes a long time to switch gears. Sometimes idles up and doesn't move. Have to let off gas then go again.
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: Yes. I am losing almost 100 miles per tank full
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 1997 Ford Taurus 3.0 6L
JA: Are you fixing your Taurus yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have changed the fuel filter and that is it
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have to put it in neutral to come to a stop or it will kick out of gear and not movr
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/3/2017
Ford Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 10 months ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

If your engine is revving and the car is not pulling that means the transmission is slipping. Have you checked your transmission fluid level to be sure its full?

Has the computer system been scanned to see if there are any fault code setting?

Ron, ASE Certified Technician