Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

2010 f250 v10. cranks, starts, stalls in 10 seconds. cel on

Customer Question

2010 f250 v10. cranks, starts, stalls in 10 seconds.
JA: Is the check engine light on? Does the car stall at idle or when driving?
Customer: cel on key on eng off. cel off while running for the 10 sec. vec quit running while driving. towed to driveway. do not have fuel pressure gage to check press nor can see where test port is.
JA: Are you fixing your F250 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: former tech. not on fords. need to get running to diag engine mech noise.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: have a little girl who misses her truck!!
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 7 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner till early morning.

Will it remain running with throttle applied?

Do you have a scan tool?

Can you go into more detail on the mechanical noise you talked about?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
will rev then stall. no scan tool. Eng noise area lh upper engine area. lite, thinking bucket valve spring senerio. Truck was being driven back from a shop who swore it was a rod knock. Daughter drove truck for 5 yes 5 months with noise. I believe if it was a rod bearing we would have a major window in the block. truck stalled out 30 min after taking from shop.

It is going to be hard to diagnose this without special tools. We need to be able to monitor the fuel pressure with a scan tool and see if sensors are reading incorrect. So far the symptoms point most to a timing chain or lifter type noise possible causing low oil pressure which can be to blame for a start and stall. We also need to monitor the electronic throttle body. Do you know someone with a good scan tool that can help you out or let you borrow it?

Please read this:

1. Understand it's not one answer and done. We can communicate back and forth many times.
  2. I do not work at or for Just Answer. You and I can only communicate on this page.
  3. When you're pleased or happy with my answer or efforts to help you. At the top of the screen please rate me or reply and say ( I'm pleased.)
  4. When I help you I am only paid from your question value deposit when you rate me on this screen. Rating does not close the post and you're more than welcome to follow up.

Thanks for using Just Answer, Chris

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
understand about oil press issue. Will barrow scan tool and go from there.

Keep in touch as you know more so I can help you figure this out.

Hello again Chris here,

1. I have to assume you were not pleased with my help, because you have not replied or rated the post.
  2. What would you like to do regarding your question now?
  3. Do you still need help? Please reply I want you to get equal to or more than what you paid for.
  4. This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. That can prevent me from being able to post answers to your replies.

Thanks Chris