Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

2007 Ford Taurus 3.0 L - AC compressor siezed. I don't want

Customer Question

2007 Ford Taurus 3.0 L - AC compressor siezed. I don't want to go through moving the engine to remove the old compressor and installing an AC bypass pulley if I can help it. Can I install a shorter belt and just skip the AC compressor? It's hard to tell if there will be enough clearance when the belt runs around the tensioner. If so, what size belt?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 7 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Expert:  Ron replied 7 months ago.

I just had to do this by-pass on my 2007 . Its a tight fit but there is just enough room to get past the compressor . I got my belt from Auto Zone and it was the Dura last 822K6.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I've been told that results in too long of a run between the crankshaft and the power steering pump and it wobbles off....
Expert:  Ron replied 7 months ago.

Im not having any issues with mine and its been in place a few weeks now and I have driven it more then 500 miles with no issues. If you tensioner is okay there should not be any wobble.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
ok, I'll give it a try
Expert:  Ron replied 7 months ago.

It should work with no problem. Please take a moment to rate my service so I can get credit for my time, the question remains open for follow up even after doing so, all you need to do is return to this question if need be.

Thank you again.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Are you certain of the size?
Expert:  Ron replied 7 months ago.

That is the size I used on mine and I do not see any reason why it will not work on yours.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Nevermind - I just went to autozone and measured it. THe stock belt size with the AC 83 85.5 inches. THe one you are suggesting is 82.5 inches - and is still way too long. I'll figure it out myself and save my money.
Expert:  Ron replied 7 months ago.

Okay Im not sure why you need to go down much smaller but give it a try.