Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I have put a 97 7.3 with e4od, out of and e super duty in my

Customer Question

I have put a 97 7.3 with e4od, out of and e super duty in my 78 f150. It runs great but I want to put a 6 position chip in it because it lacks power. The ecm/pcm dpc cose is 315. The chips I find require code 202. I put my friends ecm in and my truck ran great the ony problem is that the when I put the truck into D the transmission put the truc into 2nd or 3rd gear. Not really sure which. Any ideas of how to fix this problem?
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
My friends pcm is out of a 97 f250 automatic.
Expert:  Jeremy replied 6 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

This sounds like a modified vehicle. I am confused on what you are trying to do or what is going on. Can you re-explain?

You are trying to get a tuner chip or you have one and are having transmission issues?

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
sorry for the confusion. I am wanting to put a new ecm/pcm in my truck so I can use a tuner. The running gear is out of a e super duty 1997 with 7.3 and a e4od. My friend has a 1997 f250 with a 7.3 and e4od. His truck can use a tuner. I tried his ecm in my truck and everything worked but the transmission started in a higher gear than 1st. So I guess my real question is how can I get a 1997 ecm/pcm for a 7.3 with e4od out of a f series to work in my truck.
Expert:  Jeremy replied 6 months ago.

That's too much modifications for me. That is more of a question for someone that does the tuner files. i will opt out for I'm not the right expert for this question.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Oh ok. Do I have to re submit the question?
Expert:  Jeremy replied 6 months ago.

No you don't. i'm not sure why someone hasn't grabbed it yet. I will reset it on the board again since it sat for a long time.

If no one assists in the next 24 hours, ask for this to be closed and submit a new one in case there is a system lock or delay.

Good luck. I hope you get the results you need.