Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

D F-150 V8 pickup truck. When I attempt to accelerate, it

Customer Question

d F-150 V8 pickup truck. When I attempt to accelerate, it hesitates and I have to ease off gas until it pick up speed on its' own. Just started 2 weeks ago. When going up a little hil it down shifted twiced which has never happened. I feel like it migh tbe my gas filter. What do youthink?
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: Ford F-150 hesitate when appling gas pedal. Just started 2 weeks ago. Acts like it want take gas when traveling. Feel like my filter now functioning rite. What do you think?
JA: What year is your F150?
Customer: 1999
JA: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes I wanna do it myself it possible. Have not tried anything yet.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Well, it will not take any hill even a tiny one without me easing off gas pedal. Takes a long while before get back to 55 mph as I go thru it all over again.
Category: Ford
Expert:  john -aka eauto replied 8 months ago.

is the engine light on?