Fix It Man
Fix It Man, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, AA Degree Auto/Diesel
1627031

I have a 2007 mustang. The trunk pops open wile the car is

I have a 2007 mustang. The trunk pops open wile the car is parked after about 6-8 hours. It has never popped while driving, but I have not driven it this long.

Hello, my name is***** either have a failure in the trunk switch or the trunk release relay. Most of the time the issue is in the relay. In the fuse box in the right front of the engine compartment I would remove the relay and switch it with a similar relay. See if it continues. If not then the relay was bad. If it does then the circuit would need to be diagnosed.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
One other thing I forgot to mention. When I use the remote to unlock the door, the trunk opens also.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Fixitman, are you still there? Did you get my last message?

I am sorry. I did not get your messages until now. Did you still need help with this?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
One thing that I failed to mention was that when I use the remote to unlock the doors the trunk pops open also.

If it occurs when pressing the button to unlock the doors then that tells me that there is an issue with the smart junction box. This it the control module for this circuit and the locks. I would still check and see if changing the relay with a similar relay in the fuse box under the hood helps at all.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Tried swapping the relay. It did not seem to make a difference. If left overnight the trunk would be open the next day. The exact time it takes to do this, I do not know. One thing I did notice was, after I shut the trunk lid after finding it open, using the remote to open the doors did not pop the trunk. After letting the car sit for a few hours and returning, opening the doors with the remote would then pop the trunk but after closing it again and retrying the doors it would not. Any other ideas???