Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician
Experience:  ASE, NATEF Engines and Electrical certified, EPA 608/609
9290743

2006 Dully ran out of Deisel but now can not get it

Customer Question

2006 Dully ran out of Deisel but now can not get it restarted. I put 10.00 worth of deisel back into tank however still will not start. Does it have an electric pump to pump deisel back through the system?
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: brand new batteries...it turns over fine but just will not start. I remember back in the day day you had to prime the system but I figured since its a 2006 it should have an automatic priming system on it
JA: What is the model of your '06 Ford?
Customer: F350 2006 Dulley truck
JA: Are you fixing your F350 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes, becasue I'm very well machanical inclinde but this has me puzzled. I put 12.00 worth of deisel back into tank so that the pump will pump deisel back through the lines however it just has not started yet
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jeremy replied 7 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

$12 of diesel may not be enough. Yes you have to prime the system again. Remove the fuel filters (one on top of engine and the one under the truck) and fill them up, then put back on. A lot of times you don't have to do the one under the truck if you follow this step. Remove the filter cap for the fuel filter under the hood. Then turn the key on a couple times and let the pump prime the filter under the truck. Watch the filter bowl fill up under the hood. Then top off the filter under the hood with fuel and put the filter cap back on. Then crank it and attempt to restart it. It does a take a little bit to prime these engines. Once you get the filter under the hood to prime up with the cap off, it will self prime itself from there.

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy