Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician
Experience:  ASE, NATEF Engines and Electrical certified, EPA 608/609
9290743

It rained, I lost my wipers and power to all the windows.

Customer Question

JA: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?
Customer: It's dead. Nothing works. So I think some kind of fuse maybe.
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 1998 eddie bower expedition.
JA: Are you fixing your Expedition yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Checked fuses under steering wheel. Can't figure out how to open the one under the hood.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: what should I be checking out.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jeremy replied 8 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

It could be the fuse, but both are not on the same circuit. These trucks are bad for creating leaks under the windshield and water dripping on the GEM inside the cab behind the fuse box. Use a flashlight and look up and behind the fuse box. If there is any traces of water at all, reseal the windshield and replace the GEM, which is the module mounted on the back of the fuse box. It is very, very, very common on these models.

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy