Fix It Man
Fix It Man, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, AA Degree Auto/Diesel
1627031

Thank you our ford 2000 cut off sometime when we are waiting

Customer Question

hi thank you our ford 2000 cut off sometime when we are waiting at a light and then want start for a short time. we had it a local shop they ran a set said could not fine anything wrong
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: it cuts sometimes and wait start it has been in the shop and they do not know what is wrong for sure we do not want to just start putting on a new switch etc
JA: Are you fixing your Th!nk yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: we had it towed to a shop and they could not fine out for sure what it was. sometimes it want start after cutting off to night it did start after it cut off at a shop light.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Ford
Expert:  Fix It Man replied 8 months ago.

Hello my name is***** responded to your other post. This is usually caused by a bad idle control solenoid. Once this solenoid begins to fail the engine will have trouble maintaining a low idle. It can be a fuel system issue also but that is not as common. If you need more help please let me know.