Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician
3195632

How's it going? I'm getting ready to sell my 08 f 250 crew

Customer Question

How's it going? I'm getting ready to sell my 08 f 250 crew cab diesel. I just want to make sure I have all the correct paperwork together and to make sure all the vin #s match
JA: How old is the engine? And when was it last serviced?
Customer: I was out of state for 10 months an when i got home, my truck didnt run the same. i need some of your advise on a few things. the motors original, every tune up or maintnance has been documented. i'm OCD with my truck clean an detailed. but bare with me for a second, ill explain my worries
JA: Are you fixing your Cab yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I was away from my home an truck for 10 months, oh i forgot, engine 150,000 miles never any prior issues. to sum it up, I've never been in a accident but when i came back from my trip i noticed the doors didnt all line up straight, the door frame from the front to back seat showed alittle black primer andthere was a ton of orange peal. i said i'm OCD, i"d wax the inside door frame when i wax my truck. so it's crazy but my truck looks like it was in a accident when i was gone, crazy. I was told the seat belts have the trucks vin # on them is that correct?
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: i appreciate your guys help
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
How's it going?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Eric replied 7 months ago.

HI,

Besides the dash and driver side door and/or door sill,

Firewall on right side behind brake booster. It's punched into the metal. Another on left side of hood as you look in the engine compartment, right above wheel well. Also stamped in the metal. Frame on driver side under wheel well front tire towards the front. Stamped into the frame.

Pull rear seat back away from rear wall/window on passenger side. Toward the bottom is a welded on tag that has cab number and vin.

On driver side at door, pull up plastic along door jamb next to carpet. Vin stamped there

Expert:  Eric replied 7 months ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.
~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?
If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.
If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.

Expert:  Eric replied 7 months ago.

At this time, unless you have a related followup question on this at this time, please click the OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE 3 STARS OR HIGHER to pay for services rendered per your customer agreement as this is a PAYSITE and experts are not paid for their time, services, or knowledge until you do so. Thank you.

Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you