Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I think I'm getting hosed on repair. Wheel is squealing when

Customer Question

I think I'm getting hosed on repair. Wheel is squealing when I turn it. I took it to a mechanic who said I needed to "Remove and Replace F Ball Joint- both
JA: Do you have power steering? Have you checked the power steering fluid?
Customer: Also Replace power steering Rack... My Mustang only has 50,000 miles on it and is a 2000. Power steering fluid is full..
JA: Are you fixing your Mustang yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No ...just took it into an automotive shop. Friend says that's a ridiculous repair for a car with so few miles
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Remove and replace Coolant Recovery Tank...Friend says I can get Barrs to stop leak....Thanks!
Category: Ford
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Does this noise occur turning in both directions at any speeds including at a stand still?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.