K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Technician, Associates Degree in Automotive Technology, 15+ years in the trade
68360881

2006 ford f-250 6.0 Diesel I need a diagram for the sensing

Customer Question

2006 ford f-250 6.0 Diesel I need a diagram for the sensing wire on the alternator, have no power to alternator and no battery light in cab
Category: Ford
Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 7 months ago.

Hello, I'll post the diagrams below. If I can help further just reply back

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok thanks for the diagrams Should I have full battery voltage on the sensing wire? I know these vehicles have a delay I have waited 10 minutes still no charge, also the battery light in the cab never comes on with KOEO.

Everything but the yellow wire from the PCM should be full voltage all the time. The PCM controls voltage to the regulator to start/stop charging and cut on the battery light.

With the light not coming on it could be

1. Bad regulator

2. Open short in wiring from light to alt

3. Bad battery indicator light bulb

4. Bad pcm

You can pull the alt and have a parts store check it. If good use an ohm meter to check for opens/shorts in wiring. IF good check indicator bulb and finally if all checks well replace PCM