Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Auto Technician
94707146

I have a 2016 ford Explorer Sport with the SONY Premium

Customer Question

I have a 2016 ford Explorer Sport with the SONY Premium Radio. I usually listen to the music from my I-Phone on the radio via Bluetooth. on the dropdown menu that shows AM, FM, SD Card etc, it always showed my I-Phone via Blue tooth when I was listening to music. Now it doesn't pick up the music from my I-phone and the option on the dropdown is no longer there. I can still make phone call through the radio and it shows my phone is synced with the radio. I go into the radio under Bluetooth and its asks me if I want to connect to my I-phone and when I hi-lite the option it does nothing. Yhanks
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: Lights?
JA: Are you fixing your Explorer Sport yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Please see my explanation above about the issue with my radio
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no that should be it
Category: Ford
Expert:  Dan replied 10 months ago.

Hello my name is***** am an ASE Master Technician and I am glad to help you with your question.

Expert:  Dan replied 10 months ago.

The first thing to try here would be to reset both devices. Disconnect both battery cables (positive and negative) and hold them together, and let it sit for 10 minutes. Reconnect battery cables at a time, positive first then negative. This should reset the system. Then pair the phone to the head unit.

If this does not work you will need to bring to the dealer there might be a software update available for it.

Expert:  Dan replied 10 months ago.

Please reply to this if you need more help and we can continue this conversation. This does not have to be my only answer. If you are satisfied with my service, please rate at the top of the screen. Rating does not close out your question. Remember, sometimes it is difficult to completely diagnose your vehicle without being there, but I will try to give you the best answer I can. Hoping to be giving you 5 star service.