Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

2005 6.0 power stroke has a tapping sound. It's not the

Customer Question
water pump, serpentinebelt tensioner...
2005 6.0 power stroke has a tapping sound. It's not the water pump, serpentinebelt tensioner pulley, a/c, power steering pump. The engine runs fine, it starts with no problem. I have no idoit lights, no loss of compression, just a tapping sound at each rotation.
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Ford
12/11/2016
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 11 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner till early morning.

Have you ran it briefly with the belt off?

Where on the engine does this seem most prominent front, rear, driver, passenger side, top, or bottom?

Does the noise change at all when in park not moving to reverse then drive still while not moving?

Hello again Chris here,

1. I have to assume you were not pleased with my help, because you have not replied or rated the post.
  2. What would you like to do regarding your question now?
  3. Do you still need help? Please reply I want you to get equal to or more than what you paid for.
  4. This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. That can prevent me from being able to post answers to your replies.

Thanks Chris

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician