Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician
Experience:  ASE, NATEF Engines and Electrical certified, EPA 608/609
9290743

Only one of my windshield wipers is moving, One side is

Customer Question

Only one of my windshield wipers is moving
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Do you know if there is power to the wiper motor?
Customer: One side is working
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 01 mountaineer
JA: Are you fixing your Mountaineer yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I just came across this issue I'm looking at the fuse box i don't know what fuse controls the driver side motor
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not pertaining to this issue
Category: Ford
Expert:  david craig replied 8 months ago.

Hi Im David, thanks for visiting the site. there is only one motor that controls both wiper arms. if only one is working then a few things may have happened. 1. the nut that holds the arm to its greared drive came loose. 2. the geared drive is stripped. 3. the linkage for that arm came apart.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
the one that doesn't move moves freely by hand

you will need to pull the arm off and see what happened.

just checking in to see how its going

Expert:  Jeremy replied 8 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

Your expert opted out. Do you still need assistance wit hthis? If not, please let me know so I can have this closed for you.

If you still do, please reply with what the vehicle is still doing and we can proceed.

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Expert:  Jeremy replied 8 months ago.

I see you viewed this and this is still showing as an open question due to no positive (3 stars or more) rating.

Were you not pleased with my service to you or is there a rating issue? Please let me know if you still need assistance with this, if there is a rating issue, and/or you need more time to respond.

I like to make sure all my customers are satisfied since you did pay a deposit for me to assist you, whether I’m paid by a positive rating feedback or not.

We can continue where we left off or start over if needed. Also, if you need diagrams, instructions, etc please don’t hesitate to ask.