Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

How do you adjust a voltage regulator on a ford 8n 6 volt

Customer Question
system?...
How do you adjust a voltage regulator on a ford 8n 6 volt system?
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 day by:
11/28/2016
Ford Mechanic: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 11 months ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I dont show the exact adjustment procedure on this here but usually you want to adjust it to where you have 6 volts or between 6 and 7 volts with an electrical load on (lights etc.) to then maintain charge properly.If this is not enough info on this here let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Auto Service Technician