Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Choose an Expert and type your question here...2005 Ford

Customer Question

Choose an Expert and type your question here...2005 Ford Expedition showing check engine light and message to check electronic throttle control. This happens when it gets to operation temperature if engine is cold it runs perfect then it warms up and goes to running like crap and stalling. Had codes scanned and called for cam position sensors and mass airflow changed them both. Did the reset relearn procedure a few times still no help. Auto zone scan suggests a new pcm which I found a used one to try and it's in mail I'm scratching my head it runs so good until it warms up then elctronic throttle control light comes on and it goes to hell
Category: Ford
Expert:  roy replied 10 months ago.

hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be glad to assist you. please allow me a couple of minutes to gather some basic info.

Roy

Expert:  roy replied 10 months ago.

ok, first, codes never identify bad parts just failed systems.

second, autozone sells parts and are not technicians. forget the pcm for now.

lets start with the actual codes. do you have them???

Roy

Expert:  roy replied 10 months ago.

are you there?? I see you viewed my response

Expert:  roy replied 10 months ago.

do you still need help