AMEDEE
AMEDEE, FORD TECHNICIAN
Experience:  ASE CERTIFIED TECHNICIAN ADVANCED LEVEL SPECIALIST. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

I HAVE 05 TAURUS NO TURN OVER, NEW TRANSCIEVER, 2 KEYS

Customer Question

I HAVE 05 TAURUS NO TURN OVER, NEW TRANSCIEVER, 2 KEYS REPROGRAMMED TWICE, PATS SHOWS TO BE WORKING, KEYS OK, TRANSCIEVER OK, IT DOES NOT COMMUNICATE WITH CPCM! TURN KEY TO START AND DEYALED ACCESSARY RELAY UNDER DASH CLICKS!!! I AM LOST!😡😡😡😡😡
Category: Ford
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome!

My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question.

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 11 months ago.

Can I start by getting your VIN?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
1Fafp53u15a259539
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I'm hard of hearing sorry MUST text
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Are u still there???
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for the VIN.

YES, I am still here.

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 11 months ago.

I would start by checking all powers and all grounds going into the PCM with the key on. This includes all powers from all fuses, fusible links and even the ignition switch. Also, check for a 5 volt reference from the PCM to the TPS and other sensors to ensure it is not shorted out. If all checks out good but the PCM is not communicating, the PCM is bad will need to be replaced.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The necessary delay relay clicks when trying to start? And fuse in fuse box I can't exactly remember the number, but it's the one that says hot when start, it has NO POWER GOING TO IT! I TRIED ALL POWER SOURES THE BEST I COULD, COULD PCM BE BAD WHEN IT STILL COMMUNICATES WITH ODB SCANNER AND SHOWS NO CODES?????
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
ACCESSARY DELAY RELAY CLICKS
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
WHEN TRYING TO START.
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 11 months ago.

YES, the PCM could still be bad causing this problem intermittantly. But it could also be getting shorted out by a sensor or it could be missing an input intermittantly causing this problem thats why these things need to be checked when the PCM is not communicating.

Good luck I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any further questions!

Please dont forget to rate "5 STAR SERVICE" for assisting you today.

Happy Thanks giving!

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 11 months ago.

You should see the rating system towards the top of the page.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
This is the E version of PATS, so does it consist of keys, TRANSCIEVER, and does it have an immobilized box or is the instrument cluster part of PATS ON this model? And problem is intermittent it has never started since I bought it? A friend put on his very expensive SNAP ON TUNER AND SAID keys were good transceiver was good and they were programmed but there was no communication to PCM. IM GETTING power to all circuits I checked except 5 volts from PCM, I CANT FIND WHICH WIRE TO CHECK?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
PROBLEM IS NOT INTERMINTENT!!!
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 11 months ago.

Hello and thank you for that information.

The root cause is the PCM not communicating. Once this is diagnosed and fixed, the starting circuit will operate like normal and the vehicle will start and run.