Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

I have a 2006 f350 6.0l quit running replaced IPR valve ok

Customer Question
stoped running again pulled IPR...
I have a 2006 f350 6.0l quit running replaced IPR valve ok stoped running again pulled IPR valve again it had a blue looking rubber in the screen no work done on the truck prior
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
11/21/2016
Ford Mechanic: James, Ford Technician replied 1 year ago
James, Ford Technician

Hello, Once the vehicle cooled back down it still won't start and run? Do you have a scan tool that can monitor live data?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
scan tool shows less than 500psi to start pulled IPR valve has blue oring in screen
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
can you tell me where the rubber oring is coming from

The blue o ring isn't something that should be in the high pressure oil system. The high pressure oil o rigs are black and there is one yellow one. If the IPR has stuff on the screen I would suspect the Snap to connect fitting is the cause. If you have OTC 303-765 you can air test the system and determine where the leak is coming from.

James, Ford Technician