Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

I have a Ford Edge 2013....it doesn't start in the morning,

Customer Question
Hello JA: Hi. What do you...
Hello
JA: Hi. What do you want help with?
Customer: I have a Ford Edge 2013....it doesn't start in the morning
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: sorry Ford Escape
JA: Are you fixing your Edge yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: after like two hours when it's quite warm, it starts
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't have to do anything
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
11/20/2016
Ford Mechanic: David Craig, Auto Mechanic replied 1 year ago
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi Im David, pull the IAC and clean it out. it gets gunked up with carbon and makes it tough to start when cold.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Where is the IAC in Ford Escape 2013

allow me a moment to get that information for you. thanks

its actually the egr valve that i want you to remove and clean out very very good. also clean the mass airflow sensor

just checking in to see how its going

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It worked fine yesterday. This morning....same problem. Can't start. We cleaned the sensor and valve. Two days ago. The problem started when we removed a tracking system. Since then, it cranks but doesn't start, till the sun is out.....then it starts. What do you think ?

when it cranks and doesnt start does the security light go out?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'll need to check that. I haven't notice. It started today by getting out of the car, locking the door, waited 5 minutes, unlocking the doors, got the key in and voila!!! It started. It will work thru out today, will check the security lights tomorrow if it doesn't start. Or does this give you a clue?

thanks, ***** ***** security system was interfaced with the tracking system andthe key fobs and/or immobilizer must be reprogrammed or its going to keep acting up.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How do I reprogram it pls ?

2013 Ford Edge Remote Programming

FORD REMOTE – THIS PROCEDURE RESETS ALL REMOTES FOR THE VEHICLE. ALL FUNCTIONING REMOTES WILL HAVE TO BE REPROGRAMMED DURING THE PROCEDURE

There are a few different procedures that will program your remotes depending on what vehicle that you have. You can find your exact procedure in your owners manual. If you do not have your owners manual you can try any of the procedures below until you find the one that works for your vehicles

Make sure that you don’t press the brake pedal at any time during or before the procedure.

Procedure A:

1.Close all doors, then open drivers door and press the Unlock button on driver’s door while it is open, insert key into ignition.

2.Turn ignition from OFF to RUN 8 times within 8 seconds, with the 8th time ending in RUN. Door locks will cycle to confirm programming mode. (if the door locks do not cycle, then it was done incorrectly. You must start over by removing key and beginning from step 1)

(Off is the position where you can remove your key, RUN is the position just shy of starting your car.)

3.Within 10 seconds press any button on the first keyless remote to be programmed. Door locks will cycle to confirm programming. If you only have one remote then skip to step 5.
4.Within 10 seconds, press any button on the second keyless remote. Door locks will cycle again to confirm programming. Repeat step 4. for all other remotes.
5.Turn ignition to OFF. Locks will again cycle to indicate end of programming mode.

*If this does not work try the procedure with the door closed.

Procedure B:
1. Fasten seatbelt and close all doors
2. Turn the ignition from OFF to RUN 4 times within 3 seconds.
3. Turn the ignition OFF. The system will chime to confirm programming mode.
4. Within 10 seconds, press and hold any button on first keyless remote. The system will chime once to confirm programming.
5. Within 10 seconds, press and hold any button on second keyless remote. System will chime once to confirm programming.
6. Turn ignition to RUN to exit programming mode.

Please note: All steps should be performed in fairly rapid succession. If you never get the initial chime or door lock cycle, that means the vehicle has never entered programming mode. You should remove key from ignition, open and close the door and start over.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
My vehicle is Ford Escape 2013....is it same step?I removed the battery terminal for five minutes this morning and idling became rough. It gave me an error code of P0236. Find attached. I cleared the error code and the vehicle is fine at the moment. I hope I didn't do anything wrong. Please confirm it's same procedure with Ford Escape 2013. Thank you

you stated ford edge above but now i see you corrected it. ok. give me s second

same

2013 Ford Escape Remote Programming

Procedure A:

Procedure B:
1. Fasten seatbelt and close all doors

did this work for you?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It didn't solve the problem. Still can't start
Ford Mechanic: Dan, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Dan, ASE Certified Technician

I can send you the steps to diagnose the P0236 from the factory service manual if you would like.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I couldn't fix the problem. The vehicle only start when the sun is out
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
My mechanic has checked everything. Seems no solution. Today the engine was cleaned with water and it refused to start. I'm guessing a sensor is having issues and wouldn't start when cold. Any idea?

Does it crank when trying to start or no crank?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It cranks

You need to check spark, fuel pressure, injector pulse when it will crank and not start and see which one you do not have.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
All fine....we've checked. Only starts when engine is warm. Ford Escape 2013

Which engine is in it?

Dan, ASE Certified Technician