James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified
74859263

My mustang is throwing codes p2111, p2104, and p061F, p2111

Customer Question

my mustang is throwing codes p2111, p2104, and p061F
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?
Customer: p2111 stuck open p2103 forced idle p2104*
JA: What year is your Mustang?
Customer: p061F-forced Idle,, it is a 2010
JA: Are you fixing your Mustang yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes. We have replaced the throttle position sensor and the crankshaft sensor
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I was told today that I needed to buy a throttle body.. I just want to know what I need to buy
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 9 months ago.
Hello, to correct you concern you need to replace the electronic throttle body itself. Once you replace the throttle body again you want to disconnect the battery for ten minutes to reset everything.
Expert:  James replied 9 months ago.
If you have other questions please let me know. Also please remember to rate my answer so I receive credit for assisting you.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
OK is this the right part?
67-6000
A1 Cardone
2010 Ford Mustang Throttle BodyThank you!
Ill give you a great rating for your help!
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
http://www.partsgeek.com/ss/?i=1&ssq=67-6000&x=22&y=12
Expert:  James replied 9 months ago.
I can check. I highly recommend buying from your Ford dealer. They offer a two year unlimited mileage warranty on the part. They have a much lower failure rate then A1 cardone also and are competitive on price.
Expert:  James replied 9 months ago.
That looks correct to me though.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It all started when I was going up an incline and my car started resisting as I gave it gas. It eventually stopped and would not accelerate. At first it would start and chug along a short distance before shutting off, then it would only crank and shut off immediately . I had to have it towed home, where it has been sitting for almost 2 months. We've replace the crankshaft sensor and the position sensor as well. I am not sure what else we can do. I hope this works. Do you think I'd need a accelerated pedal position sensor ?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
also, do you know anything about tire pressure sensor fault? That has been popping up on my car for the past year.
Expert:  James replied 9 months ago.
I don't think the throttle pedal is to blame. 99% of the time it is the throttle body. Ford has a lot of known issues with them.As for the tire fault. If the tire sensor light is blinking then one of the tire pressure sensors is bad and will need to be replaced.
Expert:  James replied 8 months ago.

Hello, were you able to get your concern fixed?