Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I have a 2011 mustang that i didn't drive for 2 weeks, i

Customer Question

i have a 2011 mustang that i didn't drive for 2 weeks, i think the battery died so i've tried jump starting and it just clicks and the security light is blinking, i'm trying to figure out how to reset the PATS alarm system so my car will start
JA: Does the light flash, blink or stay solid? Have you tried to reset the security system?
Customer: blink rapidly
JA: Are you fixing your Mustang yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i haven't tried anything yet just looking online. i had a different car with a similar problem where i had to put the key on for 15 minutes then off position and back and it would reset
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: how to reset security system
Category: Ford
Expert:  Fix It Man replied 10 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** you tell me if the key will turn just fine? Were the battery cables installed incorrectly at any time?