Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Ford Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector & Ford Diagnostics/Repair
18617752

My Ford Flex 2010 dual side h/ac system does not heat on the

Customer Question

My Ford Flex 2010 dual side h/ac system does not heat on the pasenger side only cools which actuator would be the likely culprit and how do I locate it?
JA: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?
Customer: Yes , None
JA: Are you fixing your Flex yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, Checked the actuator behind the glove box, of course I have a new one to put in !
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just how to locaqte the bad one and how to remove it. Thanks, *****
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 8 months ago.

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer. Thanks for coming! I'm Ron and I'll be working with you on your question today. Please give me a moment to review your question and prepare your answer.

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 8 months ago.

Thanks for holding!
From what you are describing here, it sounds like the Passenger's side temp door actuator has failed. This is a fairly common fail item. The actuator is mounted to the side of the HVAC housing, behind the glove box. The glove box door will need to be dropped to gain proper access. Release the 2 glove compartment bumpers and lower the glove compartment. Carefully inspect the electrical connector and wire harness for any loose, broken or damaged wires. Remove the actuator and try to turn to door pin by hand. The temp output should now be correct. If not, the problem lies internal of the housing. It will need to be removed, opened and repaired as needed. For an image location view of the actuator, click here:https://goo.gl/Y4nl4P

Please remember to leave a rating using the 'stars' or click 'Accept'. A 5-star rating is much appreciated! Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra.

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 8 months ago.

Hi! I noticed this Q&A was still open, so I wanted to check in and see if there was anything else I could do for you on this issue? Any other questions you had? Was there something you wanted addressed that I may have missed in my answer? Did you find my answer helpful?

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 8 months ago.

..