Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

I have a 1996 Ford explorer with 284,000 miles on it. With

Customer Question
the tire off, the right...
I have a 1996 Ford explorer with 284,000 miles on it. With the tire off, the right side front hub/ rotor, (the whole unit), will wiggle maybe a 1/4 inch when pushing/ pulling on the sides of the rotor. There was a broken sway bar end link that I've replaced. Any suggestions?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/17/2016
Ford Mechanic: Jared D, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician

It sounds like either the bearing in the hub rotor is bad or the hub nut on the spindle isn't tight enough.

Has the bearing been replaced recently?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
5 years ago

"Payment for this service failed, please do not fulfill yet. We will attempt to reach this customer to fix the situation."

If you would like to continue here rather than by phone that's ok too. Let me know which you prefer.

Ron, ASE Certified Technician