Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

My car is a 1996 Mercurt Cougar XR7.Cyl 2 and 6 are mancoilp

Customer Question

My car is a 1996 Mercurt Cougar XR7.Cyl 2 and 6 are mancoilp a suppilized Ford has spent too much for parts so far changing the coil and the computer. Now it will not even start. I am discussed and depressed.
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: Both terminals have been cleaned.
JA: Are you fixing your Cougar yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No I am not the mechanic. He has put a new coil and a new computer on my car.Now it will not start.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: The engine cranks.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 9 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Expert:  Ron replied 9 months ago.

In order for the engine to start and run you need good spark at the spark plugs, injector pulse at the injector and proper fuel pressure. If you can check each one of these things and post back with which one of these you are lacking I can help you determine the cause.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I am not qualified to make these tests
Expert:  Ron replied 9 months ago.

In order to be able to advise you with the proper repair I need to have this information. Is there some one that can help you with this?