Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

My service Advance Trac light is on. PO223 and PO507, 2012

Customer Question

My service Advance Trac light is on.
JA: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?
Customer: PO223 and PO507
JA: I'll pass this info along to the Ford mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2012 Fusion
JA: Are you fixing your Fusion yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I want to fix it myself. I bought it with front end damage. I have replaced all body parts.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Is there a charge for this?
JA: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Ford mechanic. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.
Customer: OK
Category: Ford
Expert:  david craig replied 10 months ago.

Hi Im David, thanks for viasiting the site, your codes mean P0223 FORD - Throttle/Petal Position Sensor/Switch 'B' Circuit High Possible causes - Faulty Throttle position sensor - Throttle position sensor harness is open or shorted - Throttle position sensor poor electrical connection

P0507 FORD - Idle Air Control System RPM Higher Than Expected Possible causes - Dirty throttle body - Electric throttle control actuator misadjusted or damaged - Faulty Electric throttle control actuator - Intake air leak - Poor electrical connection to the Intake Air Control (IAC) valve

what they have in common is the throttle body unit. i recommend replacing it.

l

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have the message "service advancetrac" os on. How do I service advancetrac?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I agreed to $5 and I see I have been Charged $29 already. I am not happy. Do you have an answer about how to service advance trac on my 2012 Fusion? That was my question.