Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

I have a 2011 Ford Edge Limited with the Navigation system.

Customer Question
I remember updating the SD...
I have a 2011 Ford Edge Limited with the Navigation system. I remember updating the SD card with the A4 or A5 card and I don't remember doing anything but replacing the SD card in the slot. Is there anything else to do?
JA: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Ford Edge. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?
Customer: No, except that I am delighted with the Edge. I have 75,000 miles on it with the original tires and brakes. The dealer said I do nt need to replace either. It is a great product.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
11/14/2016
Ford Mechanic: Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician replied 1 year ago
Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

I own the same exact year of Edge. Mine is the SEL with the upgrades added though to match the Sport model with the lower price tag. Salesman help me "cheat" the ma on that one.

They are great vehicles!

On the navigation, If you have the A4 card, you are good. There is an update that can be done using a flash drive that you download from Ford. Use your VIN and go to this site CLICK HERE and register. You can get your printout from the vehicle at this site as well. You'll see that in the SYNC diagnostics.

Once you register, there is a section that will let you know if the update was done on the system. It fixed a lot of issues with the SYNC system (black screen, radio stations jumping, phone diconnecting, etc) and if it shows that it is still available, you insert a flash drive into the PC with nothing on it, download the file per the instructions, then insert it into the USB port inside the storage box between the seats, and then in the navigation you select the gears, then the diagnostics, then software apps, and it will update from there.

Nearly all the shops and the owners have done this becasue it was a headache. I did mine right away because of how annoying the black screen was and the radio stations jumping around. Now if I have an issue, I will unplug the gray plug that is next to the fuse box and wait 5 seconds, then plug it back in. That resets it like a computer. I still have to do that every 6 months or so, but that is all I have to do.

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Jeremy
Jeremy