Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

The anti theft secure light is blinking and car won't start,

Customer Question

The anti theft secure light is blinking and car won't start, but lights turn on not radio or air.
JA: Have you checked the fuse?
Customer: no
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: it is a 2007 MKZ Lincoln
JA: Are you fixing your MKZ yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: unhooked back cables from battery for five minutes put positive on first then negative, put key into door and locked and unlocked five time on drivers side still not able to crank, but I left the hood open.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: wondering if the battery is low, I drove it yesterday no problem.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 8 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner till early morning.

With the key in the run position is the theft light flashing rapid 2-3 times per second?

Do the headlights shine good and bright?

Do you get the same results with both keys?

Was there a repair that may have caused this?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
no recent repairs.

Thanks,

Unfortunately I have bad news. Some part of your PATS system has failed. A diagnostic tool is needed to see which part by checking for codes. Once diagnosed and repaired that same tool will be needed to reprogram both keys to the vehicle. The more likely cause is the PATS transceiver that reads the code from the key. Other possible causes are an aftermarket alarm, immobilizer, or remote start system acting up.

.

What now

1. You have asked a question.
  2. You have paid a deposit and received an info request and or answer(s).
  3. Now it is time to follow up if needed or rate my answer, hopefully 5 STAR EXCELLENT. Sometimes the rating fails, responding with (I am a pleased) will suffice.
  4. You are more than welcome to still follow up. I want you pleased with me and my answer(s).

Thanks for using Just Answer, and rating me so I am compensated, Chris

Hello again Chris here,

• Sorry you were not pleased with my help.
  • What would you like to do regarding your question now.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Another site said check the battery becausea low battery will make anti theft light blink. He wad right replaced the $ 98.00 battery car staryed up.

Thanks for letting me know the results. You said the lights will turn on, so I assumed the battery had enough voltage. Sorry I did not ask more questions pertaining to battery voltage.