Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I did the same thing and my truck won't start either. Did…

Customer Question
I did the same thing...
I did the same thing and my truck won't start either. Did you figure out the fix for it?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
2006 Ford F-250 diesel. Reverse lights weren't working, pulled out the relay 211, shorted out contacts #3 and #5, lights came on. Now the truck won't start. It starts up and dies right away.
11/10/2016
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 1 year ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner past midnight.

Do you know if there are trouble codes stored?

Will it start and remain running at full throttle?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No codes besides p1000. Starts after couple cranks and dies immediately regardless of the throttle position

Do you have the ability to monitor the fuel pressure and ICP pressure during this crank-start-stall?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No, I dont

Since your not able to perform diagnostics I assume your looking for my best educated guess on the symptoms you have?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I did the diagnostics and there are no codes. Basically what happened, I was tracing non working reverse lights and I found the same write up, you giving step by step directions how to find the problem. And when the guy pulled out reverse light relay and jumped contacts 3 and 5, he's truck would not stay running after. There was no follow up after. Jumping the relay messed something up. The truck ran great before, it only have 60k miles

Jumping the reverse relay if done right and in fact on the reverse relay should not have caused a no start.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I don't have a way to monitor the pressures. What should I do next?

Since you do not have the tools needed to diagnose this. I suggest the vehicle be towed to a shop. A guess is what your up against without doing any diag and a guess on a diesel is expensive ad normally takes many guesses. Now in the event you find a fried whom can help you diagnose this and has the tools. I am more than willing to continue and try helping.

.

What now

1. You have asked a question.
  2. You have paid a deposit and received an info request and or answer(s).
  3. Now it is time to follow up if needed or rate my answer, hopefully 5 STAR EXCELLENT.
  4. You are more than welcome to still follow up. I want you pleased with me and my answer(s).

Thanks for using Just Answer, and rating me so I am compensated, Chris

Hello again Chris here,

• Sorry you were not pleased with my help.
  • What would you like to do regarding your question now.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'd like to get my money back. I followed your old post and my truck broke down just by following your directions given to the other customers to exactly same problem. Chasing the non working reverse lights led to the truck not starting. Now it's at the dealership cause you told me you can't do anything to help me. You couldn't point me to the right direction either. I just need my money back

Use the contact us link at the bottom of the page and the website will be able to do that for you.