Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

I have a 2010 ford fusion hybrid that a stop saftley now

Customer Question
ok I have a 2010...
ok I have a 2010 ford fusion hybrid that a stop saftley now warning light come on. it said check electric drive and shut down. Took it to the ford dealer and the only coded thay could pull was for the canister purge valve. this make no sense to me
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: big warning triangle red that said stop safely on the dash display
JA: Are you fixing your Fusion Hybrid yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i took it to the ford dealership and they just pulled a code for the canister purge valve
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 day by:
11/10/2016
Ford Mechanic: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 1 year ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

That is odd to have the purge code set off this warning here as usually it wont cause this warning to set.If they did not check all computers for fault codes this needs done to see if any other computers have codes set like suspension computer or transmission ecu in some cases.If they did and this is the only code set it is possible the purge was stuck on or off and may have set off this warning here.The purge valve usually requires replacement when this code sets.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Auto Service Technician