Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

My wife and I were given a car to use when we are in the

Customer Question
United States. We live the...
My wife and I were given a car to use when we are in the United States. We live the majority of the year in Kenya where we are missionaries. The car is a 2002 Ford Windstar. It had some electrical issues when we received it, however, it mostly effected the radio, drivers window. Not a big deal. Now it is a problem with everything and will not even start unless it is jumped and then all of the systems are a problem, widows, doors, hvac. I thought it might be the grounding strap for the engine, but I can not locate it. All of the fuses are intact. I have researched this care to learn how I might fix the small problems previously and have noticed that it was an electrical nightmare in its day. I really don't know how to start on this thing. Any help would be appreciated.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
11/8/2016
Ford Mechanic: Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner replied 1 year ago
Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

Do you have access to a scan tool? If so start by checking for trouble codes. That will save a lot of time.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I don't have one but I will take it to an Auto Zone and there they can scan it for me.

That will work. Get the codes checked and let me know what is found and we can go from there.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Wayne i have the reader hooked up to the car now. What am i looking for?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Okay here are the codes:
U1260
U1262
B1318
P0712
P1000

Sorry I have not been online for a while. Do you still need help with this?

Ron, ASE Certified Technician