My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
Follow this procedure below to find out what the code number is.Once this is located post this code number here and I will see if we can look it up to locate the fault here.
- If the air bag diagnostic monitor detects a fault in the air bag system when the ignition switch is in the RUN position, a Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) will be displayed by the air bag indicator lamp.
- The air bag diagnostic monitor illuminates the air bag indicator for approximately six seconds when the ignition switch is in the RUN position and then turns the indicator OFF. This shows that the air bag indicator is operational. If the air bag indicator does not illuminate or the indicator stays ON or flashes at any time, a fault has been detected by the air bag diagnostic monitor.
- Diagnostic trouble codes will be displayed within 30 seconds of "Key ON." This is the amount of time the air bag diagnostic monitor requires to perform all tests and verify system faults, if present.
- Each diagnostic trouble code (a series of flashes and pauses of the air bag indicator) represents a two digit number. Each diagnostic trouble code is always displayed at least twice. For example, a diagnostic trouble code 32 is displayed as three flashes, followed by a one second pause, then two flashes, followed by a three second pause.
- If a fault exists that makes unwanted air bag deployment possible, the air bag diagnostic monitor has an internal thermal fuse that will blow (open) automatically. This removes all power to the air bag deployment circuit.
CAUTION: The thermal fuse does not blow (open) because of excessive current flowing through it. Do not attempt to jumper out the thermal fuse with a circuit breaker or any other type of fuse.
- Diagnostic trouble codes are prioritized numerically so if two or more different faults occur at the same time, the fault having the highest priority will be displayed first. After that fault has been corrected, the next highest priority fault will be displayed.
If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.