Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

Thank you for your help, I have a 2002 Ford Crown Victoria

Customer Question

Hello Thank you for your help
JA: What year is your Th!nk?
Customer: I have a 2002 Ford Crown Victoria 4.6 AND TONIGHT A HOSE NEAR THE FIREWALL came off
JA: Are you fixing your Crown Victoria yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I was arriving at girl friend's house to take her out to dinner, as i PULLED UP THE DRIVEWAY i SAW ASTEAM COMING OUT FROM BOTH SIDES OF THE HOOD. i PULLED OUT OF DRIVEWAY AND PARKED ON THE STREET.
JA: What is the make/model of your car?
Customer: I popped the hood latch inside the car, turned off the car, parked it andd got out. I called 911 just to make sure it was steam and not smoke.
JA: Do you hear a thunk when you pull the lever?
Customer: The hood was able top be opened easily if I am understanding you rquwestion'
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: The fire dept came and opened the hood, saw the hose near the firewall that had come off and the broken piece it had been attached to.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 9 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner past midnight.

You have a heater core hose that has come off, the hose has a hole or tear in it, or the pipe the hose connects to has broken away from the engine. The steam was the hot engine coolant escaping and likely spraying coolant onto the hot exhaust system. Are you planning to fix this yourself? Can you take a picture and show me exactly where the leak is originatin from?

Prior to completing the mandatory rating at the top of your screen. Let me know if I have not yet provided you with ~5 STAR EXCELLENT~service. Reply and let me know in more detail what you need to be pleased with my help. Rating is the only way I am paid from the deposit you made.

Thanks Chris