EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician
Experience:  20 years dealership exp., ASE A1-A9 L1 L2, Ford Lincoln Mercury Senior Master, Diesel Certified
34559540

Won't start, Checked all of that, 2004 Explorer, I have

Customer Question

Won't start
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: Checked all of that
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: 2004 Explorer
JA: Are you fixing your Explorer yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have jumped it and I noticed that the locks don't work either...
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: The truck has been working fine all week Putting the codes in to unlock the truck is not working
Category: Ford
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 11 months ago.

Hi .I understand the truck will not start up. But Does the engine even crank over?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No it doesn't. I noticed that I cannot use the codes on the door to unlock it either
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I've used the codes to unlock the doors all week

There is a theft light on the dash. What does it do when the key is turned to ON? It either blinks rapidly, or it comes on for 3 seconds then goes off.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
When the key is turned on it does nothing but when the key is off and out of the ignition switch it flashes

It needs to come on for three seconds then turn off when the key is turned to the ON position. If it does not then that indicates a problem with the theft system. Perhaps a fuse. Perhaps a key or the ring that goes around the ignition cylinder. Do you have another key to try?

THanks for allowing me to assist you. Please rate my assistance as well. After rating the question will remain open for any follow up questions you may have. Thank you.