Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

1987 Ford F150 Lariat XLT Extended Cab, 8-foot bed, dual gas

Customer Question

1987 Ford F150 Lariat XLT Extended Cab, 8-foot bed, dual gas tanks
302 V8, EFI, A/T, A/C, cruise, PS, PB, PW, PDL – got it all! 80,000 original milesI have multiple problems with fuel supply, just died for 5th time on road.
F (found) O (on the) R (road) D (dead), so they say.
I have had replaced both fuel tank pumps, crossover, high-speed pump on chassis, starter, power steering pump, water pump, oxygen sensor, plenum, cleaned fuel rail and injectors, etc.
After sitting 3 days, it started and ran about 30 seconds and died. Restarted and ran about 10 seconds and died, then nothing.
Can anyone shed any light on this ongoing problem – I am frustrated to the max and don’t do my own work so it’s breaking me. Thought it would be such a great vehicle to own. Drives great when it runs.
Steve
JA: Have you checked the brake fluid? How's the level and when was it last changed?
Customer: right where it should be
JA: What is the make/model of your car?
Customer: It's all in my message - did you read it?
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Please read my message - it's all there
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Ford
Expert:  Eric replied 11 months ago.

HI,

Ok, has the shop that is working on it determined what is missing when it wont start - fuel or spark?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No - all the fuel supply has been replaced - 3 fuel pumps, crossover, plenum... Seems it is electrical
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The truck is not back at the shop - it's in my yard unable to run.
Expert:  david craig replied 11 months ago.

Hi Im David, do you have any test equipment i.e. spark tester, fuel pressure gauge, multimeter?

hello??

Expert:  Dan replied 11 months ago.

New expert here again, do you still need help?

Expert:  Dan replied 11 months ago.

Please let me know thanks.