Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

My alarm was going off and I am getting a starting fault

Customer Question

my alarm was going off and I am getting a starting fault along with a lot of blinking lights. my key has no effect. had to unhook the battery to make the flashing stop. when i reconnect the battery the alarm starts going off again. need help supposed to go out of town tomorrow !
JA: Have you tried locking and unlocking the driver's side door using the key itself?
Customer: will reconnect the battery and try.....
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2012 F150. didn;t work reconnected battery horn and lights going off. locked and unlocked drivers door with no effect. horn finally stopped but hazard lights still blinking
JA: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: tried buttons on the key, tried door locks, tried starting, wont start.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: just that this all started with the panic button being accidentally pressed. then i opened the door before hitting the panic again on my key and i must have enabled the anti theft device is my only guess
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 8 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner past midnight.

These are not normal symptoms of a stock vehicle. These fall more in line with a weak battery or a vehicle with an aftermarket alarm or immobilizer on the vehicle. Are any of these a possibility.

Prior to completing the mandatory rating at the top of your screen. Let me know if I have not yet provided you with ~5 STAR EXCELLENT~service. Reply and let me know in more detail what you need to be pleased with my help.

Thanks Chris