Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

My blower works on my ac but no air is coming from the main

Customer Question
vents. But air does come...
My blower works on my ac but no air is coming from the main vents. But air does come out of the defrost vents when the slector is fo rthe main vents
JA: Do the vents feel cold? Is there a coolant leak?
Customer: The AC is good. But some how i have restriction in the airvents
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 207 explorer sort trac
JA: What year is your Explorer?
Customer: 2007
JA: Are you fixing your Explorer yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing yet
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no I just want to know why my vents are restricted. But my defrost vents are fine and air comes out of them
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
10/31/2016
Ford Mechanic: Cary York,
 replied 1 year ago
Cary York

Hi, I’m Cary and I’ll be helping you today.
Please understand that I can't smell, hear, or touch the vehicle, so patience is appreciated. Before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as needed, even after the rating..

The mode doors in the dash are what changes the air flow from defrost to floor to vent depending on the setting. They are vacuum controlled. You have a vacuum leak most likely under the hood. If you are going to try and fix it yourself I can help. Is that your plan? To fix yourself?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I intend to fix it
Ron, ASE Certified Technician